£25 - 35 per hour
Temporary | Part Time
NTP Tutor required for secondary schools in Newbury.
Are you a qualified secondary school teacher looking for work after the half term? Teaching Personnel are an approved provider of the National Tutoring Programme where we support schools with tutors to help support children with a range of subjects however this will specifically be for Science, specialising in biology, psysics and chemisty. The Tuition Managers at Teaching Personnel will be in contact with the schools to assess the needs of the pupils to be able to match the tutors accordingly.
In order to be a tutor on the National Tutoring Programme we require the below:
- QTS (Qualified Teaching Status)
- Experienced teaching in Science
- Safeguarding certificate within the last year
- Six months minimum teaching experience
- Must have completed 3 compulsory modules on the NTP website
At Teaching Personnel we are committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children is a main priority. All candidates must have or get a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
More information on the NTP/Your Role:
- Can be delivered face to face in a school
- Can be delivered online whilst the children are in school
- Can be delivered online when the children are at home
- Rate of pay is between £25-£35 per hour depending on experience
- Pupil tuition pupil groups will be split into 1:1/1:2/1:3
- Responsible for planning and creating sessions within your own time using resources shared by the school/your own
- 15 hour blocks per group/pupil can be delivered in whatever way the school/pupils require.
- Complete progress reports at the end of each session to monitor progress
- Access to a personal tuition manager to support you with your experience whilst placed in the school
However if you are looking for a position within a primary school then please do get in touch as we have multiple roles available!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.