£25 - £35 per hour
Fixed Term | Full Time
currently I am looking for a friendly and approachable Teacher/Tutor who can engage in at least one core subject, with a strong passion in working with vulnerable students.
Whilst the current lockdown has affected many schools in the area in terms of being open and therefore having a direct impact on available positions, there has been a huge outcry in requests to work with some of the most vulnerable learners in Teesside.
The position will be based within the Middlesbrough and surrounding areas, working with councils and local authorities providing alternative education to SEND, vulnerable and looked after children on a 1:1 basis . The role would be suitable for those looking for a flexible working pattern, but also holds full time positions Monday to Friday in certain bases and provisions. This role would also be suitable for those with SEND experience as many of the children may well have additional needs. Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to have access to a car at all times.
The students face daily challenges in managing and controlling their emotions for many different reasons, so iit is very important for us to find the right fit for the role. The role would be a blend of face to face 1:1 Teaching and online virtual learning, This would vary dependent on which child you are assigned to and the circumstances.
Key Qualifications and qualities required:
• Specialist within a specific Secondary subject, preferably a core curriculum subject (Desirable but not mandatory)
• An ability to plan, deliver and assess across KS3 to KS4.
• A higher education degree or other relevant qualification
• An empathetic and understand person who can deliver with a personal approach
• A genuine interest to help those in need with a nurturing approach that comes naturally
• Being able to remain focused and calm, be reactive to obstacles that may occur with the ability to recognise triggers and diffuse the situation before escalation
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact me for more details.