£25 - 35 per hour
Temporary | Part Time
NTP Science Tutor
As a confirmed partner for the National Tutoring Programme, Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting on behalf of secondary schools in Wirral who are seeking a Science Tutor, who has strong knowledge of all 3 areas of science and is confident to tutor pupils completing their GCSEs in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Tutors must be able to commit to full-time or part-time tutoring work within some of our partner schools.
We are seeking an experienced, driven Science Specialist who is comfortable delivering 1:1, 1:2 and 1:3 tuition to specific groups of students over an allocated period. You will additionally be responsible for completing tutor reports for your pupils on a weekly basis. This role will run for a period of 15-weeks with each pupil receiving an hour of tuition per week. As Teaching Personnel are approved Tuition Partners until 2024, it is possible this role may continue into the next academic year (2022 – 2023) or lead to longer-term tutoring roles.
NTP Science Tutor requirements:
– Qualified Teacher Status in a relevant subject or a degree in Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Maths
- Experience of education or tutoring (particularly experience with KS3/KS4 pupils)
– Able to commit to the role on a long-term basis
– Must be motivated and committed to raising attainment amongst students who have had a turbulent education over the past couple of years
- Strong behaviour management skills
– Must be compliant with vetting procedures such as DBS checks
Working for Teaching Personnel has many benefits which include:
– Access to thousands of CPD courses
–Informed & Supportive consultant to assist you throughout the process
– Full information on the role before commitment
– Rates of pay varying from £25 to £35 per hour
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.